The Pros And Cons Of A Golf Rangefinder
Contributed by Brian Jame in Laser Golf Rangefinder – The Best Laser Golf Rangefinder Reviews
If you are a golf lover, it can make sure that you have known and even own a golf rangefinder, a very useful support device type to help golf players in game.
However, not all of them understand the advantages and disadvantages of a golf rangefinder. Can it take on the work of a professional caddie? Is it necessary for you to own such a device? This article is aimed to analyse and provide golf players with the knowledge of advantages and disadvantages of a golf rangefinder, in order that they can have a general overview to make right decision in purchasing and using this kind of device.
Advantages Of A Golf Rangefinder:
- The degree of accuracy of a golf rangefinder is very high. By using laser beam, it provides you with very accurate measurement results, especially when the vision is clear and there is no obstacle between the sight line.
- A golf rangefinder is very easy to use for both amateurs and professionals. If you are worried about how to use a golf rangefinder, you can rest assured that it is simpler than you would expect. And of course, you don’t need to be a techie person to use this device, because to measure a distance, you only need to specify the target point such as a flag or a certain hazard and press a button. Therefore, it will just take you a few minutes to read the instructions and get used to this device.
- The battery of a golf rangefinder can last a very long time. For most versions, it is a year and more, which make it available for many rounds so that you don’t have to be worried about having to recharging or replacing it regularly.
- Different from a golf GPS device, a golf rangefinder is able to work on every courses and will not require any update. You certainly don’t need to pay for subscription periodically and just have to spend money one time to own a golf rangefinder.
Disadvantages Of A Golf Rangefinder
- It is a big problem if there is something obstructing your vision such as a tree or a hill, or if you can’t see the target clearly, you won’t be able to draw upon the features of a golf rangefinder. This result in wrong figures which makes your shot very bad.
- Golf rangefinders are known as a good device for picking up the flags, but sometimes it pick up other objects behind the green. This, however, is not a difficult issue which can be solved by spending more time to understand and manage well your device.
- Moreover, if you don’t want your golf rangefinder to hit a wrong target, you also have to keep it steadily. For some users, this is really a problem and they find it very difficult to use a golf rangefinder effectively.
In conclusion, everything has its own pros and cons, and a golf rangefinder is not an exception. Even though there are some disadvantages, golf rangefinders are still popular and are the choices of many golf lovers. Please read carefully the above information to make a good decision whether to buy a golf rangefinder or not. If you already own one, remember these valuable information and practice to develop the advantages and to limit the disadvantages of your device.